- This event has passed.
Corn Maze (The River Maze) Opening Day
September 26 @ 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Residents of Southeast Tennessee will be able to “escape to the farm” when this region’s creative corn maze returns to Birchland Ocoee Farms for its 16th season on September 26. Featuring a new design each year, this fall’s 10-acre maze will inspire hope to all who are brave enough to navigate it. The theme, “America, the Beautiful”, will feature 10 rivers in the United States as part of the paths, along with other beautiful scenes from across America being depicted as well. Trivia about America is incorporated in the signage and will challenge those who navigate the maze. Visitors will be able to “Let Freedom Ring” in the maze as The Liberty Bell is also part of this season’s design.
“For the second year we wanted to let our region know that we support “Trek Thru Truth,” said Joe Fetzer, owner and manager of The River Maze. “We think it’s exciting that an interactive children’s discovery museum is going to be nearby to us in Cleveland and that’s why we put “TREK THRU TRUTH” in our soybean maze design. We also want others to share in the awe and beauty of our historic farm.”
Here at the River Maze, we cannot wait to welcome you back for our 16th season and are committed to the health and safety of our employees and guests as we celebrate this momentous occasion. In accordance with CDC, state, and local guidelines, we’ll be implementing a number of COVID-related safety precautions and invite you to join us in working together to PLAY SAFE this fall in our 20+ acres of outdoor open air. Masks are not required but are permitted. Sanitization stations will be strategically placed throughout the property. All events will operate in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
Some attractions will be modified and others deleted this season in response to the COVID pandemic. There are new games coming this year, including Steer Roping, Soccer Practice, and Four Square in the Air. Two new 150-foot Kiddie Zip Lines have been added, and we’ve enhanced our barnyard animals. The kiddie slides in the old grain bin added last year will be available, as will hayrides and cow train rides, all of which have been adapted to meet social distancing recommendations. Unfortunately, the Jump Pad (wasn’t it fun?), the corn box, and corn ball, will not be available this season.
Our biggest and brightest new attraction this year is the sunflower fields. As John Keats said,” A thing of beauty is a joy forever”, and our sunflowers will be beautiful and provide many photo ops. Photographers may request our professional photography policy for the sunflower fields, as well as other photo ops at the farm.
Concessions and bakery will again be available providing lots of great food, and YES, our home-grown pumpkins can be found in the pumpkin patch. The scenic beauty and all the attractions will be an enjoyable experience for anyone coming to the River Maze!
To celebrate our GRAND OPENING this year on September 26, 2020, the River Maze will be offering free admission for the following incredibly special sets of service people: Teachers, Ministers, Doctors/Nurses and Military Personnel – official ID will be required for admission. Those who visit on Opening Day will also receive a free “Bounce Back’’ pass, and J103 Radio will be broadcasting that day from 2 to 5 pm.
The River Maze gives visitors the chance to “get lost” the last Saturday and Sunday of September and every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through November 1. Hours are Friday 5 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Field trip hours, during weekdays, are available by reservation.
The River Maze is located 3 miles east of Ocoee, TN on US Hwy 64. Admission prices are $11.85+ tax = $13 for ages 3 and up and includes all small mazes, all activities (except for those named below), the hayride, and either the corn maze or sunflower fields. A combo ticket for all the River Maze has to offer, except token activities, will be available for $16.40 + tax = $18. Token activities are cow train rides and corn cannon shots. For those who want pumpkins, they will be for sale. Visitors who want to come enjoy the farm without participating in the corn maze or sunflower fields, may purchase a ticket for $5.45 + tax = $6 not including any pumpkin purchases. Discounts are offered for groups and field trips. Tickets may be purchased online through our website, or for more information or to make reservations, call 423.650.0710 or visit www.TheRiverMaze.com.
The River Maze experience offers something for everyone.
- Exciting attractions this year include the Sunflower Fields, Kiddie Zip lines, Steer Roping, two 30-foot tube slides, Barnyard Basketball and Football, Tether Ball, Jumping Animals, Petting Zoo, Soccer Practice, 4 Square in the Air and one of our favorites, Spookley the Square Pumpkin.
- There are 5 mazes altogether: “The Corn Maze”, “The Soybean Maze”, “The Spookley Maze”, “The No Left Turn Maze”, and “The American Maze”, (a color sequencing maze where the colors are red, white, and blue).
- Interactive “passports” are available for groups and the general public. Each contains 10 questions that quiz the user on a chosen subject, and those who answer the questions correctly will receive clues that guide them along the correct path to the Subjects include sports, boy scouting, girl scouting, scriptural, American history, interactive, teambuilding, and agriculture.
- Our new scavenger hunt through the maze this year will be “Who Really Shot JFK?” Find all the checkpoints and you can solve the puzzle, while learning a lot about the United States. There is also a “Corny” scavenger hunt throughout the property.
- Teachers can access curriculum materials and field trip information online atTheRiverMaze.com. Field trips can be scheduled by reservation.
- To make the experience as easy or as difficult as visitors want, the maze has been divided into two phases – beginner and expert. Participants will have the option to continue to the next phase or exit at the entrance to the second level.
- Customized activities are available for birthday parties, corporate outings, and group rivalries/races.
- The River Maze features a fantastic pumpkin patch! Come pick the perfect pumpkin!
- Visitors can still meet Spookley the Square Pumpkin, the Official Spokes-Pumpkin for National Bullying Prevention Month, to raise awareness for bullying prevention. Another Scavenger Hunt, “Where is Spookley?” will be offered for young maze
- Visitors should come hungry! An awesome concession stand and bakery will be available featuring Bar-B-Que, hotdogs, and more, along with delicious
For more information, call:
423-650-0710, 423-650-7222, 423-650-7224