Blue Springs Encampments and Fortifications is the site of a Civil War military encampment in Bradley County, Tennessee. Union Army forces commanded by General William Tecumseh Sherman camped at this location between October 1863 and April 1865. Entrenchments built on the crests of ridges overlooking the camps are still visible on the site. Stone reinforcements are present in some sections of the entrenchments.The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. The address is restricted, but is currently used for agricultural purposes and forests. Take a drive down Blue Springs Road and to Blue Springs Elementary School. Park in the area near the playground and ball fields. Looking into the Blue Springs Valley near the creek and railroad tracks, it is easy to imagine Union Troops camped in the Valley.